If you’re a part-time or full-time dog walker, taking payments from owners on a weekly basis can be a hassle, as can collecting one-time payments for the occasional dog walk when a friend is out of town. But with Google Forms and the Payable Add-On, you can quickly set up your service, book dog walking appointments, and start getting paid instantly.
How to Create your Dog Walking Google Form
Create a Google Form that allows new and returning clients to give you information on their dogs and choose the time for their walks. You can include questions like:
- Owner name
- Phone number
- Dog(s) name
- Number of dogs (as a multiple choice)
- Size of dogs (as a multiple choice)
- Day(s) the dog needs walking (as a multiple choice)
- Time of day for the walk
- Dog medical info
- Dog behavioral info
- Other info about the pup (i.e if he gets treats for being A Good Boy or if he’s on a diet)
- Allow clients to upload a photo of their dog or create a question for an Instagram link if the pup is big on social
- Payment options: You can create options to take payment for one-time walks, and allow people to book recurring weekly walks, all in the same Form! You can even offer bulk subscriptions, like 5 weekly walks for the price of 4 as an option. (See the tutorial here for more help formatting your pricing—and the Payable Add-On will also walk you through once you install it.)
Then, using the Payable Add-On, you can accept payment for your pups. Once you install the Payable Add-On and connect it to your payment service (like Paypal, Square or Stripe) In under 10 minutes, you can be set up and accepting responses, without having to set up a fancy new website or pay any kind of subscription fees.
As people sign up and pay, their information is collected in the connected Google Sheet. Then, you can quickly reference your Sheet to check which dogs require the fancy snacks and which ones are more prone to pulling on the leash.
Why You Should Use Google Forms + Payable
Start by setting up a Google Form, activate the Payable Add-On, and in minutes, you can collect money as new and returning clients fill out your Form and are moved through the checkout process.
There’s no muss, no fuss, and no subscription fees. Payable only makes money if you do, and our cut—zero for sales under $2.50, 25 cents for transactions between $2.51 and $75, and 0.5% for transactions over $75.
While there are other apps that are great for dogwalkers, like Rover, those sites charge dog-walkers a percentage of the profits (20% for Rover!). If you already have an established clientele, creating a Google Form that current clients and new clients who are referred by your existing customers can use is a great way to skip the fees while working with people (and pups) you know and trust.
We know creating Forms can be time-consuming, so we have a whole template library available to help get you started fast. For dog walkers, we recommend this simple template designed for freelance personal trainers: Just copy it and make it your own! (Don’t forget to follow the instructions in the template to activate the Payable Add-On and set it to start collecting payments.)
If you need more help, we have a step-by-step tutorial here, or this quick video can walk you through: