It’s time to start getting paid! Once you’ve created a Google Form and activated the Payable Add-On, don’t let your hard work go unnoticed. Often, side hustlers and new entrepreneurs struggle to get that first sale, or to even let their friends and family know what they’re up to. And because of this fear, we end up waiting for sales that never come. But that’s not because the product itself is wrong or flawed… It’s just that you didn’t let people know what you were doing!
So, spread the word. It might feel awkward at first, but if you’ve created a cool offering, your friends, family and community will want to know about it. Remember, the worst thing that can happen is that someone doesn’t bother to click on your link and make an order. But on the other hand, what if telling a few people is what makes your product or service go viral?
How can you let them know about your offerings? We’ve looked at some of the Forms that have been the most successful using Payable, and we noticed a few free key ways they were being shared:
- Share on your Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter and other social channels. This is the simplest way to get started and to make sure friends and family see what you’re up to. INCLUDE THE LINK WHENEVER POSSIBLE!
- Add your Google Form link to your bios on all of your social networks so it’s easy to find. (Note: When you get the link to share from Google Forms, you have the option of creating a shortened version—do this, since it makes sharing it easier)
- Add your Google Form link to your email signature with a brief description of what it is.
- Share on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is often under-utilized until you’re looking for a new job, but it’s a great network of professionals. Sharing an update on there with a link to what you’re up to may lead to some great opportunities!
- Send targeted emails. Even if you don’t have a newsletter, you likely have a bunch of contacts in your inbox (or in your phone’s contact list) who might be interested in what you’re selling. Spend an hour or two creating an email that shares your offering. Then, make a goal of sending a few emails to people in your network every day. This works better than one giant email blast—sending a big email with 100 BCCs or CCs will typically result in your email getting flagged as spam. And by sending emails to people one at a time, you can make each a bit more personalized, increasing the likelihood of someone clicking on your Form.
- Ask friends and family to share. Your close circle of friends and family all want you to succeed! Ask them to share your Form with their networks. (Make it easy on them by asking them to share it, and providing them with a ‘sample post’ and image as well as the link.)
- Share in appropriate Facebook Groups and Pages (always ask the moderator for permission first, unless the group specifically allows for things like what you’re sharing!)
- Reach out to local news outlets. Local websites and newspapers and magazines are often looking for interesting local stories. Think about what makes your product or service unique and email an editor!
- Share again. If you’ve already shared it on your social channels, wait a few days and re-share. Remember, the algorithms on these networks make it hard to know if your information has actually been seen, so never feel bad re-sharing!
- Get creative IRL. If you have a physical product or a local offering like a yoga class, use local bulletin boards to put flyers with links to your website, create a QR code and print it with a bit about your service on a business card and leave it at coffee shops, or ask shops to display samples of your work if you’re an artist.